Part-Time Museum Assistant
Part-Time Receptionist Position – Station Museum of Contemporary Art
Station Museum of Contemporary Art is currently accepting applications for a part-time Museum Assistant (up to 25 hours per week). The Museum Assistant demonstrates exceptional customer service skills by greeting visitors of the Museum and providing information about exhibits.
Assisting with the daily operation of the museum
- ● Acting as museum docent for visitors as needed, answering visitor inquiries
- ● Distributing brochures, applications, and other written materials to guests upon request.
- ● Answering Museum phone calls with professionalism. Providing general information on admission fees, hours of operation, policies, exhibitions, programming, transportation, directions, staff telephone numbers, fax numbers, etc.
- ● Monitoring the museum building for security, cleanliness, and ensuring exhibits are in good order
- ● Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above. Requirements
- ● Six months or more prior customer service experience or equivalent. Previous work with museum or gallery or post-secondary academic art studies preferred
- ● Experience in customer relations
- ● Working competency in the following technologies:
- ○ MacOS
- ○ Windows OS
- ○ MS Office applications
- ○ Google Apps (including Sheets and Docs)
- ○ Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the Museum, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to the extent required by applicable law, credit history, or any other protected category as established by applicable law.